Sheet Metal Arc Welding Process (SMAW)
Programme Code: MC-024-3:2012
- To help students whom are lacking in the academic field.
- To provide necessary skills required to work in the welding industry.
- To develop students with excellent character in skill training.
- To help government to increase skill trained professionals to a well-developed country.
Career & Academic Development Unit (CADev) has been established by College MCS to synchronize course contents to constantly meet the needs and expectations of the industry. Therefore, graduates will have the opportunity to be more prepared because they are equipped with knowledge and skills which will ensure their career development in private or government sectors.
- SHIELDED METAL ARC WELDING (SMAW) FOR FILLET WELD 1F, 2F, 3F, 4F, BUTT WELD 1G AND 2G
- SHIELDED METAL ARC WELDING (SMAW) FOR 3G AND 4G
- SHIELDED METAL ARC WELDING (SMAW) FOR 5G AND 6G (UP-HILL AND DOWN-HILL)
- PASS Bahasa Malaysia or English in SPM
- AGE 18 years – 35 years
Duration18 months (1 year 6 months)
Study ModeFull Time
- Sponsorship (Full Fees) in the form of loan by Perbadanan Tabung Pembangunan Kemahiran (PTPK)
- Elaun Sara Hidup (ESH) worth RM400 a month.
- Welding technician
- Helper welder
- Quality control (QC)
- Able to continue studies in Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia (DKM)